Walkthrough Wednesday: Halo: Reach Hints and TipsBy Jared Newman
Please forgive the tardiness of our guide to the best Halo: Reach hints, tips and walkthroughs around the web. Yesterday’s Halo: Reach binge proved too distracting, and we were already going a little overboard with the coverage. Moving on, a big launch like Halo: Reach means a bounty of good information, like the written Halo: Reach walkthrough at GameFAQs. If you want to see how Halo: Reach is played on Legendary, check out NextGenWalkthroughs’ video guide to the game’s hardest difficulty.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a Halo game without hard-to-find collectibles, but instead of the usual skulls, Halo: Reach scatters data pads throughout the single-player campaign. Halo Reach Planet has the details on all data pad locations, both in pictures (through the links near the top of the page) and video. Skulls are still in the game, and available from the start. Here’s a handy, single-page guide on each skull’s function.
Halo: Reach also has a handful of unlockable avatar items — helmets from the rest of Noble Team — listed here:
- Carter’s Helmet: Clear a Campaign mission on Legendary without dying.
- Emile’s Helmet: Earned a Bulltrue medal in either multiplayer or Firefight Matchmaking.
- Jorge’s Helmet: Earn a Killtacular in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- Jun’s Helmet: Kill 100 enemies in a row without dying in either the Campaign or Firefight.
- Kat’s Helmet: Avenged a teammate’s death in multiplayer Matchmaking
For Halo: Reach multiplayer junkies, we’ll soon have our own guide to leveling up and earning credits as quickly as possible. In the meantime, MTV Multiplayer has some basic credit-building tips. For game strategy, watch G4′s map strategy videos, or read USA Today’s very simple list of hints on how to survive Halo: Reach.